The project for strengthening the civil society in policymaking and consultaion with Government in agriculture sector, is an EU funded project, managed by Initiative for Agricultural Development of Kosovo (IADK) , managed by EU Office in Kosovo.
In the policymaking process in European Union, the active participation of civil society has an important role for organization of farmers and Government support in policymaking. The situation in Kosovo is that such a structure is in the development process, and the project aims at strengthening such a structure for the agriculture sector.
IADK requires qualified candidates for position:
Title of the position: Project Manager
Working place: Prishtina
Date of starting of work: 1st September 2013
Duration: 16 months from signing of contract
Project manager will be responsible for implementing the project objectives and coordination of works on daily basis.
He/she will coordinate activities with farmer associations, MAFRD, and other relevant institutions in Agriculture sector.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manages and coordinates activities with project staff
- Facilitates establishment of Kosovo wide associations
- Manages the activities and ensures communication with EU Office in Kosovo
- Identifies potential experts which will be engaged in the project
- Prepares and finalises all IADK reports, on regular basis
- Communication with media, donors and all interest parties
- Preparation of materials for publication, leaflets/brochures
- To be efficient in implementation of all abovementioned activities within the project
- To present the projects at stakeholders
- Follows the payments and manages the budget
- To coordinate and to participate in regular meetings in the central IADK office in Mitrovica
Qualifications and competence:
- University Diploma (Agriculture or Social sciences – political, law, economy)
- Experience in implementation of EU funded projects
- Experience with civil society; the experience in Agriculture sector is preferred
- Experience in communication with media and public
- Përvojë administrative dhe njohuri në menaxhim me resurse njerëzore dhe legjislacion
- Administrative experience and knowledge in managing human resources, knowledge in legislation
- Experience in reporting
- Research skills, analysis, and skills for drafting letters and various documents
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Strong organizative and selfmotivating skills
- Skills for working in multietnic environments
- Time pressure working skills
- Adequate skills in following and delivering training and advices
- Computer skills:Windos, Excel and Power Point and in web page management
- To speak and write in the three languages: Albanian, English and Serbian
- To be ready to work with all communities in Kosovo
- To possess driving licence
Please send your CV and a letter of interes at IADK Office until 19.08.2013
, at this address: Str.Ulqini No.74 Mitrovica
Contact person: Ariana Selmani – Procurement, Logistics and Admin. Officer
Tel no: +381(0) 28 536 726
Applications can be also send electronically to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of minority communities and females are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Only applications that are delivered at IADK until 19 August will be taken into consideration.